By signing up for our Pastured Poultry Production School, you are investing in your future and your business. This course is ALL YOU NEED to get started and run a profitable pastured poultry operation on your farm. You can buy this with confidence, knowing that you will be ready to hit the pasture running upon completion. You will know what it takes to produce a top quality product, how to produce it consistently, how to market it, and all the numbers you will ever need to make critical business decisions.
The course is broken up into 6 sessions, each delivered through a live webinar. Each session is broken up into two parts, one to cover the content for that session and the second as an open Q&A where folks can ask as many questions as they'd like on the topics. The goal is for students to leave having no unanswered questions, having complete confidence to start a pastured poultry operation and make it into a successful business. We won't be covering every variation known to man for producing poultry on pasture. What we will cover will be proven methods and solutions that work in the real world and have been implemented to produce a healthy profit for the farmer. Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Introduction To Pastured Poultry
- Maximizing Land Use To Increase Sales and Profits
- Revenue and Income Potential
- Avoiding Common Mistakes With Pastured Poultry
- Variations Between Production Systems
- An End-to-End Overview Of A Successful Operation
- Breed Selection
- Sourcing Chicks and Hatchery Choices
- Brooding & Brooder Setup
- Pasture Production and Management
- Proven Methods To Increase Your Productive Yield Per Acre
- Feed & Water Solutions That Work
- Field Shelter Construction: A Detailed Walk Through
- On-Farm vs. Off-Farm Processing
- On-Farm Processing Walkthrough: Step By Step
- Product Storage & Delivery Logistics
- Product Options With Poultry
- Maximizing Whole Bird Consumption In Your Market
- Managing Costs, Including Detailed Cost Of Goods Sold Breakdown and Walkthrough
- Pricing Your Product Appropriately
- Sales & Direct Marketing
- Direct-To-Consumer Retail, Wholesale, Farmer Markets, Restaurants, and More Options To Move Product
The list above is extensive, but it is not everything. Again, we leave out no details. Our goal is for you to be able to walk away from this course having all the knowledge you need to go off and replicate the success we have seen through our farming business.
What is included with the course?
- 6 two hour long live webinar sessions full of detailed content covering pastured poultry production
- Over 5 hours of time dedicated strictly to live Q&A
- Classes are delivered on Tuesdays, from 8:00-10:00PM eastern time because we know many farmers have full time day jobs too. This seems to be the best time for folks spread around the world.
- Students will receive PDF copies of the content covered in each session
- Students will also receive a 10 page ready-to-use template for creating their own Standard Operating Procedures covering their own farm processing operation. This is an invaluable resource to prepare for exemption inspections, train staff, etc. Our SOP manual is used by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture as an excellent example for on farm poultry operators.